Home of the Little-Known Blogger

08 December 2006

8 Dec 2006

Hello, everyone!

I was speaking with one of my friends at work the other day about resources on the internet regarding self-initiation; he said he'd considered it, but it always sounded too erotic to him. I said that if he found the word "self" too erotic, he'd been single longer than I had...

A hip-hop song on the radio had a... I'll call it a chorus, as they certainly didn't refrain... which went "wha chu goan do?" I've been trying to recall what "wha chu goan do?" is Chinese for, but it escapes me. I think it's "I can't believe people listen to this crap."

My boss, Kevin, asked me, "Whatever happened to McGruff the Crime Dog?" I said, "I think he took a bite out of sodomy and contracted hepatitis."

So, I was watching a preview for a film called "Fan Boys," about a group of college students who go on road trip to pirate a copy of "Star Wars Episode I" before it was released. At one point, the group ends up in Star Trek tour. The tour guide is shown responding to a jibe by stating "Captain Picard wasn't gay. He was British." It frightens me a bit that I know that, in fact, Captain Picard was French.
-----
Well, I've decided not to do a New Year's Resolution this year; however, I've set quite a few goals for myself which ensure, among other things, I will once again not have time to attend a regular martial arts classes. Another year of training by DVD for me. At some point, I'll have to acquire a DVD camcorder to send my test in.
Speaking of things to acquire, I've gotten quite a collection of spices since I started using my slow-cooker. I'll need a rack! Of course, I am having the best chicken of my life (sorry, Mom!)!

This weekend I'm going up to Jefferson City to arrange some military affairs--mostly having to do with college. Then Saturday, I'll be raised to Master Mason. I'll see if I can get some pictures.
Next weekend, I have to go through all of my military things for an inspection coming up in January, and then it's Christmas--of course, since I work MBS, I'll have to go in to work Christmas night... :( Bah, humbug!!
-----
Renita was kind enough to forward a chain e-mail to me regarding symbolism on American currency; I thought I'd give a few thoughts for anyone else who's received it:
1) "E Pluribus Unum" means "From the Many, One." It is not a reference to Americans working together, but a reference to the fact that the citizenry of the United States was formed of people from many other countries.
2) "Novus Ordo Seclorum" means "A New Order of the Ages."
3) The square on the Department of Treasury seal is not a carpenter's square; it is mason's square. Most of our government crests were designed by Freemasons, a group which included George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and Benjamin Franklin.
-----
If I don't write again, Merry Christmas everybody!

--Jason C. Diederich,
"godlike in my humility"

No comments: