Home of the Little-Known Blogger

03 October 2008

Movie Showdown

An interesting showdown shaping up in the cinema this week--"An American Carol," the conservatively-oriented spoof produced by the Friends of Abe, opened today, as did Bill Maher's religion-bashing movie, "Religulous."

It's the resurgence of American Conservatism vs. more spiteful Hollywood liberalism... I don't know how good Carol is going to be, but I'll be going to the cinema to support the effort anyway. One thing that I will predict, regardless of how well Carol actually does (and the new trailers are raising my hopes), is that Religulous is going to tank. Bad.

Correction: Per Anonymous' comment, this movie was not "produced" or in any way financed by the Friends of Abe. However,several members have parts in the movie.

Update: Someone agrees with me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just saw Bill Maher on The View, talking about his movie. Hm. He seems extremely arrogant and condescending to me....

Gnostic Paladin said...

Doesn't he, though? But that's actually quite typical of the Hollywood liberal--they know what everyone else needs better than everyone else does.

Anonymous said...

A small correction: although some members of the "Friends of Abe" appear in Mr. Zucker's film, it is not produced or financed by the group.

Gnostic Paladin said...

That is correct; it was a misstatement on my part. Thanks for your correction.