Home of the Little-Known Blogger

25 February 2007

25 Feb 2007

Well, this will probably be the last time the Qatari 2600 is sent out as an e-mail. From now on, it will be maintained as a blog, available here: http://q2600.blogspot.com/ Hopefully, with my new job, I will be able to maintain regular forms of communication with people.

Which is the big news: I have been hired as a GS-7 to work at the Joint Operations Center in Jefferson City. Essentially, I am now a federal employee responsible for maintaining communications between all federal and state agencies which respond to states of emergency declared in Missouri. I will be part of a group of nine people working a rotating shift at Ike Skelton Training Center. This is, of course, a large jump in pay and a huge jump in prestige for me; I'm really looking forward to starting. Orientation is on March 5th, right after drill.

They will eventually transfer me to a unit in Jefferson City so that I don't have to drive to Hannibal to drill; apparently they are having difficulty finding an E-5 slot for me (I told them that E-6 would be just fine).

The next item on my agenda, now, is setting up an ACT re-take. I'm hoping that my parents can schedule one at the MMA for me; it's been too much hassle trying to set one up through Ft Leonard Wood. I want to make certain that everything is ready for next year's OCS class before I do anything else.

Finally, Kevin's stepfather Wayne is having a difficult time right now--serious medical problems possibly related to contact with Agent Orange during his tour in Viet Nam. I would appreciate it if everyone could keep him and his family in their prayers.

--SGT Jason C. Diederich, 2175th MP Co, MOArNG
Semper Fidelis

No comments: