Home of the Little-Known Blogger

12 November 2006

23 August 2006

Howdy, All!

Just to let everybody know, I'll be gone for most of September. I'll be attending the two-week National Guard version of a school which used to be called "Platoon Leader's Development Course", and was required for promotion to Sergeant, but is now called "Warrior Leader Development Course" and is required for promotion to Staff Sergeant. I still have to find out how that affects drill. Of course, I'll have to take another APFT before I go.

If I haven't mentioned it alread, there's a national campaign going on called "Red Shirt Friday." To the best of my knowledge it is indefinite in scope. If you support the War on Terrorism--wear a red shirt on Fridays. Easy, huh?
The maintenance guys say that they're done with the repairs to my apartment. Now, I'm no plumber, but it seems to me that if the wall in BEDROOM has mildewed from leaking waterpipes, caulking the baseboards in my bathroom may not entirely fix the problem. But I guess we'll see. I've purchased a new book case and CD case to ensure nothing perishable is on the floor in the event of further Keystone capers.

I've applied for another Federal job--this time as an AGR Training Technician for the MP unit here in Columbia. I was a bit put off by the hiring questionaire; they seem to want someone who's already BEEN a training technician. I gues we'll see what's up with that, too.

I haven't heard from the Freemasons since the call that they had started their background check. Maybe I should give them a ring?

That's all for today--I've got to run (literally--APFT coming up and all). If you're in to such things, remember to say a prayer for Kevin--not only that he stays safe in Muslim Central, but that the 100 hour work weeks let up a bit. And keep your thoughts with Rachelle, too.

--Jason

No comments: