Home of the Little-Known Blogger

12 November 2006

16 July 2006

Well, I'm sorry that I've been away for a while, but it's been a busy time. I did *very well* in my interview for the GS-5 Security Guard job on Friday, and I'm expecting to hear good news tomorrow. I'm also expecting MBS to give me grief about my 401(k) loan, but I'm quite certain I can handle it.

I went to see *Dead Man's Chest* today. I enjoyed it quite a bit (although some have questioned my taste in movies before :) ). Although I'm not going to do any real spoilers, I will say... I'm pretty sure that there's going to be a *Pirates of the Caribbean III*.

I was supposed to teach my first class in the park tonight, but I had to cancel due to overtime at MBS. I was planning on shifting the time slot next month, anyway--not to mention the fact that I'll be spending more time in Jefferson City (with a little luck).
-----
I thought that everyone might be amused by this recent conversation at work:
Me: Hey, real music on the radio! There were flute noises coming out of this thing a minute ago.
Kevin (my boss): You don't like classical music?
Me: You know, I've tried to cultivate an interest, but I just can't do it. Actually, now that I think about it, perhaps the fault isn't mine--perhaps it's KBIA's. You know, they're more "1812 Overture", and I'm more "Die Walkure". For a cross-dressing Nazi, ol' Wagner was a pretty good musician--of course, the same could be said of Bill Clinton.
-----
Hip-Hop Lyric of the Week:
"My hump, my hump, my hump; my lovely lady lumps!"
--Fergie Ferguson, poetess and aesthician.
-----

I'll check in again soon!

No comments: