Home of the Little-Known Blogger

12 November 2006

12 November 2006

First of all, a big happy birthday to all of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children!

It's been a quiet week--I was surprised at how quickly it went by. I had intended to go to Moberly to assist Kevin and Mary Ellen with Veteran's Day activities at the VFW, but Kevin and I both pooped out. I am certain that instant karma is gonna get us. On the up side, I now have my sergeant stripes sewn on my class A's.

Hey, does everybody remember a couple years ago when I asked for birthdays and contact information, and I actually *remembered* everybody's birthday that year? (I think I did, anyway) Well, I had that all stored on my laptop, which was fried when my apartment flooded--and of course I deleted those e-mails after about a year. If it wouldn't put you out too much, I'd appreciate getting that info again...

Kevin and Rachelle are going on their annual cruise soon--the beginning of December. I hope they don't get spit upon by any animals this time.

No progress to report on my commissioning goal, but I am due for a raise at MBS this month. Annual Training this (fiscal) year is going to be in Guatemala... is it bad that that makes me think of the movie "Birdcage?" ("I think you are intimidated by my Guatemalan-ness!") Also, I got possibly the most insulting rejection letter ever from my last federal job interview. Instead of hiring me, they hired... No one! They actually left the position unfilled rather than hire me. Wow. Kinda stings! :)

This "no weight" work-out I've been trying is kicking my hinder. I don't know if that means that it will actually be *productive* in the long run, but I've cut back the training a bit so that I can progress in it and continue to improve my APFT score.

I believed that I am scheduled for my Master Mason initiation in December. I have to say, I really get a kick out of this stuff!

-Jason

No comments: