Home of the Little-Known Blogger

01 May 2006

1 May 2006

Well, I certainly can't say that I expected to run into a bunch of politics with my promotion, but there it is. Apparently, there is a strong tension between all the shifts, and day shift gets a special trump card 'cuz that's when the bigwigs work. Tonight was the third time that dayshift sent an e-mail to my supervisor regarding a mistake I had made, when I actually had done my job correctly and they made an unnecessary correction. I dislike the pointy-finger game, but I play it so very, very well. I suppose I'll have to go a round or two.

I miss the weights. I don't recall if I sent this out in my last e-mail, but I cancelled my gym membership until I finish my degree. I'm doing that icky jogging stuff again. On the up side, I'm saving money (why waste supplements on *jogging*?) and I have a little more free time every day.

I've started a new blog at the following URL: http://q2600.blogspot.com/ I've reprinted all of the Qatari 2600's that I had stored, plus all of my poems from www.poetry.com, with whom I will be severing ties. I'll probably also be putting movie and book reviews there, rather than in my e-mails. By all means feel free to stop by and post some comments.

On a less serious note, the bloom is definately off the rose as far as Robia LaMorte is concerned. Ms. LaMorte, better known as "Jenny Calendar" among my Buffy circle, has a biographical website. The URL is : http://www.robialamorte.com/, however, it's worth doing a seach just to see "Buy Robia LaMorte on E-Bay". Anyway, there's not much there. A brief mention of her work with Prince (she played a character named "Pearl" in the videos for Prince's "Diamonds and Pearls" album in the '80's, a brief mention of her work in Buffy (Ms. Calendar was *hot*), and big write-up on how she's found peace at last through BORN-AGAIN CHRISTIANITY. Ick.

I'll catch you all later!
Jason

No comments: