Home of the Little-Known Blogger

25 April 2006

Mine

She loves me well, her sweet caress
Doth linger on my beaded cheek
While she will with tender wrath undress
My deepest wound--that blooded streak
On which she feeds, and keeps me weak
Though she every day unflesh my bones
Her eyes a crueler vengeance wreak
With the dust of my heart, and with her own
She chokes to death my mangled moans

I lie there alone and alive in the dark
And whisper and whimper when my lover appears
My memories sweet, but her hatred so stark
As she sends my mind and my screams and my fears
Echoing down hallways of unending years
And into oblivion--unmourned, unforgiven
Save by flowers of silence that bloom in my tears
Shed by a soul too black to be shriven
By my direst damsel, to whom vengeance was given

No comments: