Home of the Little-Known Blogger

20 April 2006

26 August 2005

Well, the big news this week was going to be that W. "Hock" Hochheim, one of the great CQC instructors anywhere, is giving a seminar in Kansas City in September and that I would be attending. Instead, that has been overshadowed by the fact my good friend and kali instructor, Mike Olive, will be taking an indefinite hiatus from teaching martial arts. In light of this, I have decided put a moratorium on my own training for a few months. Although the Band of the Rattan continues through the MU Columbia Kali Club, I am not interested in joining another college martial arts club--Kirksville left a bad taste in my mouth. And I've already spent the last two years trying to train without an instructor. The up side is that my debt is nearly gone, I'm scheduling viewings for some nice, well-priced properties in Columbia, and I've got a great idea for my own business once I'm completely solvent. (By the way, I had mistakenly told a few people that I have a positive net worth now for the first time since my divorce. I actually don't--but I will on the first of September). I have found a great series of books on financial planning called Rich Dad, Poor Dad, by former U. S. Marine and multimillionaire Robert Kiyosaki. I'm halfway through the second one; I've given the first to Jeremy, with high hopes. I recommend these books to EVERYBODY.

No comments: