Home of the Little-Known Blogger

29 May 2009

Parental Authority? Freedom of Religion? Nonesense, You're the Property of the State!

A Minnesota judge
ruled that 13-year-old Daniel Hauser would be forced to undergo unwanted chemotherapy treatments which were contrary to his family's religious practices. When his mother left the state rather than comply with the unconstitutional ruling, federal law enforcement was dispatched to bring them back--even though no crime had been committed.
Young mister Hauser has now undergone his second court-mandated chemotherapy treatment--to loud applause from the media.

The message: you have no right to your own beliefs. You have no right your own children. You have no right to your own body. You belong to the State.

Fascism? Yes, we can.

3 comments:

bluebird said...

This case is upsetting to me for so many reasons. It has been talked about quite a bit in Myspace groups. I am really astounded at how many people are FOR the gov forcing medical proceedures! I asked if the gov has the right to force people to put physical health as the highest priority.... I was told that physical health IS more important that a persons core beliefs (more important that spiritual health)!? What?? I wish you would have been in the threads. You know, Jehova's Witnesses are against bloods transfusions and organ doanatings... they need to be forced too... right (that is what the nutzos say)? UG! I can't believe it.

Oh, and the boy is so poor and sheltered and homeschooled. And he must be an idiot since he can't read.

I keep hearing this! It is so distressing to me.

Gnostic Paladin said...

I found a lot of people at work who also favored judicial intervention in this case. But, if it makes you feel any better, my boss agrees with us.

:)

bluebird said...

kinda reminds me of that on episode of B5... ya know what I am talking about? About the boy who can't be cut or else his soul will leave him?