Home of the Little-Known Blogger

06 February 2008

My Investment Strategy

I trade through Investools.com and thinkorswim.com. I have a small holding in GLD, which I see as increasing as uncertainty in the world situation increases (but not at a rate fast enough for me to root for a Democrat for president). Additionally, every other week (the Saturday after payday) I invest in one growth stock (using the Investools strategy) and one value stock (using the Magic Formula and some research on the Investools page). The growth stocks are set to automatically sell if they drop below a certain level, which I re-adjust up (but not down) during each bi-weekly investment session. The value stocks I sell after 52 weeks, regardless.
I opened my account just as the housing-market troubles set off and Bhutto was assassinated in Pakistan, so there was an understandable initial loss. Since then, I've been making decent gains, which I hope to improve as my investment savvy increases.

No comments: