Home of the Little-Known Blogger

23 January 2008

New Phishing Scheme

I recently recieved an e-mail of the following phishing scheme (a scheme by which another person attempts to obtain personal information about you, in this case, bank account information). I have already forwarded a complaint to the FBI, and am posting this warning for everyone else. Bad enough it's a phishing scheme; utilizing U. S. troops is simply beyond the pale.
Should you recieve such an e-mail, be certain to forward a complaint to the FBI Internet Crime division (www.fbi.gov).

-----

My Dear Friend (Treat As Urgent)

"Capt. Jeffery Simpson" to Capt.jeff

Dear Friend,

Greetings.Jeffery Simpson is my name,an American Soldier in the US
Military serving in the 3rd Infantry Division,Patrols Tal Afar, in
Iraq.I am seeking your assistance to evacuate the sum of
$2,570,000 to the States or any safe country of your choice as far
as I can be assured that it will be safe in your care until i
complete my service here.

SOURCE OF MONEY:
When on Special Patrol duties on the 30Th of December late last
year,we found $100m and 90m euros in 31 containers and this money
had been hidden behind the false wall of a house searched by my
unit based on prior information.You can go to this web link to
read about events that took place here:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2988455.stm

I do not know for how long i will remain here as I have been lucky
to have survived 2 suicide bomb attacks by Pure Divine
intervention.If it might be of interest to you then endeavor to
contact me.

Email: captian.jeff@hotmail.com
Respectfully,

Capt.Jeffery Simpson.

No comments: