Home of the Little-Known Blogger

15 June 2007

Thursday, 14 June 2007

So, after a year of trying to arrange an ACT through ISTS or FT Leonard Wood, I finally simply paid the money online to go to a regular test at Lincoln University. Unfortunately, in the month intervening, I seem to have misplace the paperwork required to get through the door (probably in stuff that I've packed).
So, I talked to ISTS again. No, they assured me, they do not do ACT's. I can arrange one with FT Leonard Wood, but they only do them once or twice a year. (I've heard this several times now.) But this time, when I call LW, I get a girl on her first day, who doesn't know to leave me on hold until I hang up the phone. She says that they have an opening on Thursday afternoon--which, by strange coincidence, I have off (having arranged to work this Saturday for another JOC member)!
I have now re-taken my ACT to satisfy the National Guard's commissioning standards. I am quite certain that I have scored high enough (they only require a 19; I got a 30 in high school). The frustrating thing is, I discovered that they will do ACT's twice a day, every work day--I could have simply driven down and taken the test at any time!

No comments: