Home of the Little-Known Blogger

11 April 2007

Work is going well...

I won't bore everyone with the insane nonsense coming from the Democratic Party; you can catch them on Fox News. I had a personal "stressor" this week; apparently, my home unit (2175th MP) had no paperwork regarding my transfer to JFHQ, but rather than letting me know, they were just going to let me get charged with missing movement (unusual for the National Guard, but part of the new CO's policy letter). I only found out that I had no reason to clean out my locker this week AFTER I made the 105 minute trip to Hannibal to do so. I was pissed. Anyway, that's all been straightened out, and I am officially drilling in Jefferson City this weekend. Even better, after drill on Monday I'm making my final run of looking at houses! When I first arrived at the JOC I sat down and made a proposal for a major revision of the COP, which is the primary product of our office. MAJ Hiland, my fist line supervisor, finally had the opportunity to brief LTCOL Davis about my suggestions (I made a great visual aid, too). I am told that the colonel not only signed off on it, he EMPHATICALLY liked it. I've just finished making the revisions, which should result in much shorter and clearer presentations. Finally, and I could be misreading this, but I believe that there is an E-6 position available at JFHQ, so the plan apparently is to promote me as soon as the new promotion slots come out so that I can be permanently transferred here. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Jason C. Diederich

No comments: