Home of the Little-Known Blogger

11 March 2007

My Power Shake

My power shake provides healthy, long-lasting energy and is best used as a between-meals snack (you should be feeding your body five-to-six small meals per day). It delivers not only Zone-friendly balances of protein, carbohydrates and fats, but high levels of vitamins and antioxidants, omega-3 fatty acids, digestive enzymes, creatine monohydrate, and 10 grams of dietary fiber per serving. I prepare two the night before, simply leaving the dry powders in shakers (also available from GNC) and adding water when I'm ready to consume.
I'll be honest; it takes like you'd expect a health shake to taste. However, I feel so much better from drinking it that I honestly don't mind at all.

1 scoop GNC "T. R. Complete" Protein
1 tbsp GNC "Maximum Greens"
1 tsp GNC "Maximum Fruits"
2 tbsp whole ground flaxseed meal
1 tsp sugar-free psyllium husk fiber
1 scoop GNC Nitro Explosion

Protein 20 grams
Carbohydrates 27
Fat 9.5 grams

Total Calories 310

No comments: