Home of the Little-Known Blogger

20 April 2006

6 June 2005

Well, the big news is... I'm not moving to Kansas City any time soon. Nothing bad happened, I've just been sort of evaluating after a year at home, and I've decided that: A) I really don't want to move to different city this year, no matter how cool a city it is; B) I don't want to be a rookie cop all over again at 33; C) I've already got 4 years toward retirement invested in MBS (and I'm sure they have a KC branch I can move to eventually); D) The reason that I kept this job so long is that, once I get my bills paid off--which will be SOON--it's perfect for taking college classes. Plus, free textbooks; E) I kinda like Columbia, anyway (I'm still getting my own house.)-----
Compared to that, everything else is pretty minor. I got a *glowing* wage review and a dollar-an-hour raise at MBS (that's big for them); I missed kali class on Sunday 'cuz I couldn't FIND the damned thing; I've started back to the gym and have whittled myself down to a svelt 203 lbs. I'm taking an OSHA course (on my own initiative, which should get me another good pay raise in six months) for forklift safety, and I'm watching a bunch of videos for Kevin's and my project. Now that I don't have quite so many things happening at once, it should be pretty cool. I know several of you are disappointed that I'm not moving to KC. So am I, really. It's just too much, too soon. I should be transferring all of these addresses to my new e-mail account soon; these updates will be coming from xxxx.
All my best,Jason C. Diederich

No comments: