Home of the Little-Known Blogger

20 April 2006

1 August 2005

A blonde decides that she needs to supplement her income, so she begins canvassing a wealthy neighborhood door-to-door offering her services as a handyman. At one house, a man offers her fifty dollars to paint his porch. She agrees, and he tells her that the paint is already in the garage. After only half an hour, the blonde again knocks on the man's door. "I'm all finished," she says.
"Well, that certainly was quick!" the man replies.
"Thank you. Actually, I had some paint left over, so I gave it a second coat."
Impressed, the man reaches for his wallet and begins counting out $50.00.
"And by the way," says the blonde,"it's not a Porch. It's a Ferrari."
-----
Sorry I've been incommunicado for a couple of weeks; I had some personal stuff to get sorted out. The up side is, I'm getting my promotion points straightened out, I've got almost everything ready for Warrant Officer school, and I've gotten a second (and much more positive) opinion on the subject of ADSW with Kevin. I may also get my Corporal rank returned to me before I put in my Warrant Officer package.It's been almost a month since "A" company sent me my travel voucher to sign, and still no word from them, or from DFAS. Josh and John continue the good fight. I watched Sky High this last weekend. It was a cheesy Harry Potter rip-off, but it had its clever moments. Ranging from the all-to-obvious (Lynda Carter's parting shot is "I'm not Wonder Woman, you know.") to wonderfully hidden (Kurt Russel plays the main character's father, whose power is super-strength. Leafing through his old Sky High yearbook, we come across his senior picture--taken from his role in Disney's The Strongest Man in the World.) All-in-all, another recommendation for video rental. I have been nominated to compete for Poet of the Year in the International Society of Poets, an annual competition for a $20,000.00 grand prize. Unfortunately, I'd have to be in Washington, D.C., all next weekend as a condition of the contest (their annual international convention),and I have neither the time nor the funds to do so. Mayhap next year. I've written Mike an e-mail letting him know that I will be unable to attend kali class for the month of August. We're finishing peak season at MBS, and I'm running out of time to get my ducks in-line for MOARNG when I start back in September. Finally, a hearty congratulations to Dave and Renita, who just celebrated their 10th wedding anniversary. I'm sorry I couldn't make it.

No comments: